2hr 42min of Video Content
Short. Direct. Actionable.
Ability to submit recruiting questions.
Answered by a current college coach.
Access to a document logging the Q&A.
Custom Built Tools
3 different tools.
To help players in communication
& decision making.
The college baseball recruiting process can be confusing, frustrating, & overwhelming.
Every player's recruiting process is different.
No two coaching staffs recruit the same way.
Most information on the subject is scattered, recycled, or lacks depth.
Recruiting has changed drastically over the past 10 years.
1. Social media, video, & advanced data is more prevalent (& accessible) than ever before.
2. Showcase events & tournaments have soared in popularity.
3. The talent level of college baseball is at an all-time high.
4. Roster sizes are the largest they have ever been (across all levels).
5. More players are transferring than ever before.
These changes have made the recruiting process increasingly complicated...
If you need help navigating the recruiting process, you are at the right place.
Of the following, which can you relate to?
You have never been through the recruiting process before.
You don't know what to expect or where to start.
You don't know what college coaches are looking for in players that they recruit.
You feel like you are wasting time.
You don't know which events & showcases to attend.
You don't know which travel team to play on.
You feel like you are wasting money.
You are receiving minimal (or no) interest from college coaches.
You are sending dozens of emails but receiving no reply.
You feel like you are falling behind.
You are receiving interest but no offers.
You receive an offer but don't know if it is competitive.
You don't know what questions to ask college coaches.
You feel pressured.
You are overwhelmed by the thought of making a decision.
You don't want to make the wrong decision.
This course CAN and WILL help you.
About The Instructor
Head Baseball Coach, INDIANA WESLEYAN UNIVERSITY (NAIA), 2023-Present
Associate Head Coach, INDIANA WESLEYAN UNIVERSITY (NAIA), 2022-2023.
Pitching Coach/Recruiting Coordinator, INDIANA WESLEYAN UNIVERSITY (NAIA), 2021-2022.
Assistant Pitching Coach/Recruiting Coordinator, UNIVERSITY OF CHARLESTON (D2, WV), 2019-2021.
Pitching Coach, GROVE CITY COLLEGE (D3, PA), 2018.
Director of Baseball Operations, STEEL CITY SELECT (Travel, PA), 2016-2018.
"Ian is one of the most impressive people I have been around.
Having worked along side of him I know how detailed, informed, and thorough this material will be.
Honored to have him in my circle and am proud of the impact he is having on the game."
MiLB Field Coordinator
Boston Red Sox
Who is this course for?
Players, parents, & coaches who want to increase their understanding of the recruiting process in college baseball.
The delivery of information is geared specifically toward the player.
What makes it unique?
This course provides an unprecedented look into how college coaches identify, evaluate, recruit, & make decisions.
The information presented is completely original; from the perspective of a current college coach.
Based on experience, observation, collaboration, and hundreds of hours of research & writing...
This is the best information that I could put together on the subject of college baseball recruiting.
Why was it created?
I believe in equal access to information.
And I believe education increases confidence & empowers decision making.
The course was created to make this information publicly available, easily accessible, & distribution infinitely scalable.
"If you’ve followed UCWV baseball and the successes we’ve had, it is directly related to Ian and his craft!
He’s passionate about people and creating opportunities!
This course is one of those opportunities!
This course is a MUST if you want to better understand recruiting!"
Head Baseball Coach
Eastern Michigan University
What does the course cover?
Module 1: Course Introduction
- About the Instructor
- Course Goals
- Course Outcomes
Module 2: How College Coaches Evaluate Recruits
- Position by Position
- In-Game Statistics
- Tools & Measurables
- Additional Considerations
Module 3: Define & Find Your Fit
- Social Experience
- Value & Affordability
Module 4: The Recruiting Timeline
- When Each Level Commits Most of Their Players
- What Impacts Timelines
- Contact Calendar
- Early Recruiting
- Dead, Quiet, Contact Periods
- Year by Year Checklist
Module 5: Video
- What to Record
- How to Record
- How to Edit
- How to Distribute & Share
- How to Make Your Video Stand Out
Module 6: Communication
- Twitter DM's
- Phone Calls
- Text Messages
- How to Gauge Level of Interest
- What To Do If Communication Slows or Stops
- 30+ Questions to Ask College Coaches
- 30+ Questions College Coaches May Ask You
Module 7: Social Media
- Twitter: Your Profile, Bio, & Pinned Tweet
- What to Post
- How Much to Post
- Advice On Tagging College Coaches
- Advice On Posting Visits & Offers
- Best Practices
Module 8: Camps, Showcases, & Other Forms of Exposure
- When to Attend
- Which to Attend
- The Case for Program Hosted Camps & Showcases
- Rankings: How They Are Made & How Much They Matter
- Advice for Choosing a Travel Team/Organization
- Recruiting Questionnaires
- Recruiting Services & Advisors
Module 9: Campus Visits
- How To Set Them Up
- The Difference Between Unofficial & Official Visits
- How to Make a Great First Impression
- How to Make The Most of The Experience
- How to Follow Up
Module 10: Application, Finances, Decision Making
- Steps of the Application Process
- Roster Spots
- Athletic Scholarship Allotments by Level
- What Impacts How Much a Program is Willing to Spend
- What is Considered a "Good" Athletic Scholarship
- Needs Based Aid
- Understanding Both Sides of Timelines
- Negotiation: Supply & Demand, Leverage, Timing
- How to Ask for More Money
- The Difference Between Verbal Commitments & Signed NLIs.
- Post-commitment Checklist
Appendix A-C: Tools
- Appendix A: Communication Tracker
- A tool to help players track communication with college coaches; to monitor each application & admissions process.
- Appendix B: Communication Planner
- A tool to help players schedule communication with college coaches; to track results & hold themselves accountable.
- Appendix C: Decision Making Matrix
- A tool to help players consider what is most important to them; to make a decision that best aligns with what they value & prioritize. A tool that makes the decision making process more objective.
Appendix D: Advice for Incoming Freshmen
- What to Expect Athletically
- What to Expect Academically
- What to Expect Socially
Appendix E: The Transfer Portal
- How it Has (& Will Continue To) Impact College Baseball
- 2021 NCAA Division 1 Baseball Case Study
- Legitimate Reasons Why Players Transfer
- The Realities of the Transfer Portal
Thank you so much for providing the information in the modules.
It was exactly what I was hoping for and more.
I loved the detail, especially with the social media and video topics as it seems the game is getting more in-depth with technology based recruiting and evaluation.
The information provided gives me a solid understanding of how to guide those players I work with to navigate the aspects needed for the next level.
Again, I truly appreciate your work and dedication to this project. It was well worth the investment."
2014 CWS Champion, Vanderbilt University
Instructor, Diamond Dynamics (Bloomington, IN)
Unlimited Support (Course Q&A)
Beyond the information & strategy provided as part of the course...
We do more to help you & your family navigate the recruiting process.
Unlimited support (Course Q&A) is included with your purchase.
Submit recruiting related questions -- receive answers from myself or other current college coaches.
We catalog every question asked & answer provided.
We add both to a shared Google document that can be accessed by all enrollees.
There are no other services like this available to baseball players, parents, & coaches.
Recruiting support provided by current college coaches.
What else is included?
FREE lifetime access to future course updates & additions (expected every 6-12 months).
FREE downloadable PDF of the 126 slides presented.
FREE downloadable custom built tools (Microsoft Excel templates)
- Tool #1: The FCBR Communication Tracker
- Tool #2: The FCBR Communication Planner
- Tool #3: The FCBR Decision Making Matrix
The content of this course will be delivered in just under 3 hours.
From start to finish you can complete this course in one morning, afternoon, or evening.
Carefully curated, only the most current, relevant, and accurate information on the recruiting process in college baseball is included.
The information presented in this course will help make college more affordable.
As for the price of the course & support provided...
Lifetime enrollment costs 1/2 to 1/5th the price of most one-day showcases.
It costs 1/10th to 1/40th the price of other recruiting products & services.
I want this information and support to be affordable & accessible to as many players, parents, and coaches as possible.
This is your easy to follow, step-by-step playbook.
Expand your reach.
Narrow your options.
This course will help you through every stage of the recruiting process.
Make a decision with clarity.
This course includes the information, questions, frameworks, & tools necessary to help you make the best decision possible for you, your family, education, & career.
It provides everything you need to find your best fit.
... and make the right decision the first time around.
"This is a really cool resource for anyone who is interested in playing college baseball.
Knowing how to navigate the recruiting process can be difficult but Ian has worked really hard to lay it out."
Assistant Baseball Coach
Lebanon Valley College (PA)
30-day money back guarantee.
If for whatever reason you are not satisfied with the content of the course OR if it did not contain what you were hoping to learn, let's jump on a 1-on-1 Zoom call & discuss how we can make the course better.
If after completing the course & Zoom call you are still unsatisfied with your purchase I will refund your enrollment cost in full, right away.
This guarantee reflects my belief in the value of this course.
Expected Questions. Provided Answers.
Make sure you are making the right decision.
Ensure this is something that you want to invest in.
What is the format of the course?
- 100% online. On-demand. Self-paced.
- 99% video based.
- Slide deck presentations with video overlay of myself presenting the material in the bottom right corner.
How long is the course?
- The course includes just under 3 hours of video based content.
- In reviewing the resources & tools provided, pausing video, taking notes -- most enrollees complete the course in just under 4 hours.
How long will I have access to the course itself?
- Your purchase includes lifetime access to course content.
- Including all future additions, updates, and revisions.
How many questions can I submit as part of the Course Q&A?
- As many as you have!
How quickly will questions be answered as part of the Course Q&A?
- Typically within 48 hours.
How quickly can I access & start the course?
- Immediately after purchase.